Header Ads

MUSSING

MUSINGS on Psalm 16:7

This is written to those folks who are committed to the pursuit of walking in transformation
7 I will bless the LORD, who hath given me counsel: my reins also instruct me in the night seasons.

No one should have a problem with the idea that the Lord gives counsel. Today, the Lord Jesus as the life giving Spirit supplied revelation to you through your born again spirit.

However, David presents an uncomfortable fact to the 21st man:
my reins also instruct me in the night seasons.

Reins refer to the kidney! I call it "gut logic." By gut logic I mean all those memory locations locked up in our constitution outside the brain. I'd venture to say man has many brain locations outside the one within the skull. It is as though the whole body is also a mind ...... I better stop lest ....

You know how it is , as you were thinking about a certain action, while your brain pondered, the "butterflies in the stomach" kicked in ... that "butterfly reaction" .... what is that? That's what David summarised as "reins".....

it is gut logic
It appears that David and the ancients knew that the deep within your "belly" there is a centre, outside your brain, that continually broadcasts thoughts and instructions .... and you often respond to them and act on them!

When people surround you in times of trouble, that feeling of wellness that overwhelms you just by their presence, that is not brain logic at work ..... that is gut logic
While western education focuses on the analytical power of the brain in your head, it sort of ignores other centres of memory and knowledge in the human constitution.

You'll discover that merely knowing a fact of scripture does not cause you to walk in the light of it ..... something needs to replace the memories and ideas stored up in your "gut logic"
Somehow as you follow your time in the Word with a habit of staying in prayer, these transfers take place over a lifetime of practice ..... your gut logic begins to get replaced with word logic and your "heart" is no longer divided
I think I have to stop writing

No comments:

kindly drop your current

Powered by Blogger.