Header Ads

Bible Says Women Should Submit To Husbands,But Not Men In General – T.D. Jakes –

Bishop T.D. Jakes said at an event in Namibiaearlier this week that women are not to besubmissive to men outside of the family, butrather only to their husbands.Speaking at the two-day MTC leadershipconference in Windhoek, Jakes spoke aboutwomen needing to strike a balance betweenwork life and family life, according to SelmaIkela of New Era news.“The Bible talks about women beingsubmissive, not to men, but to her ownhusband. … God is setting up an organizationalstructure for family, it has nothing to do withanything outside the family,” said Jakes, seniorpastor of the 30,000-member Potter’s HouseChurch in Dallas, Texas.“The challenge is to when, and to what. Youmay be CEO in the boardroom but maybe notso in the bedroom. You must have experienceto flip from one role to another, you can domore. If you don’t have the ability, you mustgive up one role for another, depending onwhat is most important to you.”Jakes went on to commend the progresswomen were making in the African nation,stating that when “any society evolves it ceasesto abuse its women.”“We went through changes in America wherewe had a huge revolution; women wereconsidered property — it’s not unique toAfrica, India and Asian culture,” continued Jakes,as reported by New Era.“I applaud your success. To me a smart womanis a sexy woman. I love a woman who isarticulate and intelligent … carry your ownweight. I want you to be an asset not aliability.”In the New Testament, there are multiple versesthat speak of wives submitting to theirhusbands. One example is Ephesians 5:21-25.“Submit to one another out of reverence forChrist. Wives, submit yourselves to your ownhusbands as you do to the Lord. For thehusband is the head of the wife as Christ is thehead of the church, his body, of which he is theSavior. Now as the church submits to Christ, soalso wives should submit to their husbands ineverything. Husbands, love your wives, just asChrist loved the church,” reads the passage.The terminology has garnered controversy insome circles. Actress Candace Cameron Bureonce commented that she prefers a moresubmissive role in her marriage.In an interview with Yahoo Parenting, Bureexplained when she referred to beingsubmissive, she did mean that she was inferiorto her spouse.“My husband is not a dictator. We worktogether, but I don’t want to dig my heels inand I have no aspirations to be the ruler of myfamily. We are two equal people but I love myhusband and I want him to lead,” explainedBure.“With big picture issues such as where we liveor what schools the kids attend, if he feelsstrongly about something and I think ourfamily would benefit from it, I am going toshare my thoughts. … I trust that my husbandhas our family’s best interests at heart, so Iwouldn’t fight him on that. And when I feelstrongly about something, he agrees with me

.”Source: Kingdomboiz

Richhayent cares

No comments:

kindly drop your current

Powered by Blogger.